The AI Agile Manifesto
The AI Agile Manifesto is a set of 12 principles from The AI Project Handbook. The book is a guide to managing a successful AI project from start to finish. With its focus on project management, it covers all the essential components of AI, from setting clear objectives to organizing the project in the most effective way. The AI Agile Manifesto is read by Jed-AI Master Ada. May the AI Force be with you!
- You need to know what you want to achieve with AI. There is a trade-off between feasibility and business impact.
- The organization has to be committed to the AI project.
- The AI team leader needs to be an effective manager and a leader with a shared vision of AI.
- Design thinking and Agile are valuable tools. Be laser-focused on the to-do-list to control the scope, cost, and schedule of the AI project.
- You need to know all the factors that can influence the AI project.
- The AI project needs to leverage and be consistent with all the organizational process assets.
- An AI project needs great people, models, and data.
- AI quality is not only about model and software quality but also about people and data.
- AI risk management requires a constant risk assessment, a risk strategy, and Human-in-the-loop.
- You need to involve all the stakeholders and have a clear communication plan, especially when things go wrong.
- You need to identify, understand and address the ethical concerns caused by AI.
- Agile for AI requires a specific approach with longer cycles and more exploration.
The AI Agile Manifesto is available in different languages: